The website of the Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS) is created and maintained by IIHS to disseminate information related to the activities, programmes and services of IIHS. All materials are provided solely for personal, institutional, or demonstration non-commercial use.
Access to and use of this website is subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein and all applicable laws. By using and participating in this site, you signify that you have read the terms and agree to be bound and comply with them. IIHS reserves the right to modify these terms at any time. By continuing to access the site after such modification, you signify your agreement to be bound by them.
- Copyright and Use: All the content in the IIHS website is copyrighted. For permission to reproduce copyrighted materials, contact the IIHS webmaster. You are free to share, to copy, distribute and transmit the work under the following conditions:
- Attribution –You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you / or your use of the work).
- Non-commercial –You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- No Derivative Works –You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
With the understanding that:
Waiver -Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
Public Domain -Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
Other Rights-In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
- Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations;
- The author’s moral rights;
- Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
Explanation: “Work” means the literary and/or artistic work offered under the terms of this license including without limitation any production in the literary, scientific and artistic domain, whatever may be the mode or form of its expression including digital form, such as a book, pamphlet and other writing; a work of drawing, painting, architecture, sculpture, engraving or lithography; a photographic work to which are assimilated works expressed by a process analogous to photography; a work of applied art; an illustration, map, plan, sketch or three-dimensional work relative to geography, topography, architecture or science; a performance; a broadcast; a phonogram; a compilation of data to the extent it is protected as a copyrightable work
You may use the site for legal purposes only. Furthermore, you agree that, if a third party claims that any material you have contributed to the site is unlawful, you will bear the burden of establishing that the material complies with all applicable laws. IIHS has the right to remove material from the site, block access, or take other action with respect to the site in its sole discretion, although IIHS is under no obligation to do so. You will not use IIHS resources or the website to disseminate unsolicited advertising or promotional material of any kind.
If at any time you become aware of any violation, of any part of these Terms, you will immediately notify us on the contact information provided below and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy such violation.
- Trademarks: The IIHS logo, name and all graphics on the IIHS website are trademarks of IIHS. Use, reproduction, copying or redistribution of trademarks, without the written permission of IIHS or its affiliates is prohibited. All other trademarks marks or service marks appearing on the site are the marks of their respective owners.
- PrivacyStatement: IIHS respects the privacy of its users. When you visit the IIHS site, the following information may be collected from you, either voluntarily or involuntarily: your computer or network’s IP address, which must be validated in order for you to access the IIHS web site; your e-mail address and message when you communicate electronically with us; information about your browser and operating system, date and time of access and the internet address and page which linked you to our site. Information about your visit is gathered in an aggregate manner for quality control, improvement of our site, security and to generate aggregate statistical reports that analyze general user information and demographics. Your information is kept confidential, unaltered, and used only by IIHS. IIHS does not disclose or sell any personally identifiable information collected at this site to other companies or organizations. IIHS also reserves the right to disclose this information under special circumstances, including disclosures required by law, court order or circumstances under which disclosure, in the sole discretion of IIHS, is necessary to protect the legal rights, including the intellectual property rights, of IIHS.
- Security Precautions: This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Unfortunately, due to the nature of Internet communications, no data transmission overthe Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. While IIHS remains committed to protecting the privacy of our users, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. We do so by using secure technology, privacy protection controls, and restrictions on employee access, however, we make no representations regarding the veracity of such measures.
- Links to Other Sites:The IIHS website may include hyperlinks to websites or frames maintained or controlled by others. IIHS is not responsible for and does not routinely screen, approve, review or endorse the contents of or use of any of the products or services that may be offered at these websites. IIHS does not warrant, and hereby disclaims any warranties, either express or implied, with respect to the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of any site, information obtained from a site, or link to a site. IIHS does not warrant that sites will operate in an uninterrupted or error-free manner or that sites are free of viruses or other harmful components. Use of information obtained from or through these sites is at your own risk.
You agree that IIHS will not be liable to you for any loss or damages, either actual or consequential, arising out of or relating to these terms, or to your (or any third party) use or inability to use a site, or to your placement of content on a site, or to your reliance upon information obtained from or through a site. In particular, IIHS will have no liability for any consequential, indirect, punitive, special or incidental damages, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable (including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, errors, loss of data or interruption in the availability of data) arising out of or relating to these terms, or use or inability to use a site, or any purchases on a site, or your placement of content on a site or your reliance upon information obtained from or through a site, whether based on contract, tort, statutory or other law.
IIHS makes no representation regarding your ability to transmit and receive information from or through the sites and you agree and acknowledge that your ability to access the sites may be impaired due to technological or any other restrictions. IIHS disclaims any and all liability resulting from or related to such events.
- Indemnification: You agree to indemnify and hold IIHS harmless from any claims, losses or damages, including legal fees, resulting from your violation of these terms, your use of this or any other site or your placement of any content onto this or any other site, and to fully cooperate in IIHS’s defense against any such claims.
You agree that IIHS will not be liable to you for any loss or damages, either actual or consequential, arising out of or relating to these terms, or to your (or any third party) use or inability to use this site, or to your placement of content on this site, or to your reliance upon information obtained from or through this site. In particular, IIHS will have no liability for any consequential, indirect, punitive, special or incidental damages, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable (including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, errors, loss of data or interruption in the availability of data) arising out of or relating to these terms, or use or inability to use this site, or any purchases on this site, or your placement of content on this site or your reliance upon information obtained from or through this site, whether based on contract, tort, statutory or other law.
- Third Party Content: We neither control nor endorse, nor are responsible for, any Third Party Content and we make no representations or warranties with respect to them. The availability of any Third Party Content through the Website does not imply the endorsement of, or affiliation with, any provider of such Website or materials. Your use of any Third Party Content is at your own risk and is subject to any terms, conditions and policies applicable to them (such as terms of service or privacy policies of the providers of the Third Party Content).
You also agree that you shall not frame or mirror any portion of the Website, or otherwise incorporate any portion of the Website without express prior written consent of IIHS.
- Other: The web site may contain errors and omissions relating to services, process or product description, pricing and availability. We reserve the right to correct errors or omissions without prior notice. We also reserve the right to cancel any offered product, process or service in the event of an error or omission in the description, including price, availability or other reason.
The Website is made available on an “as is” basis with no representation or warranty with respect to its functionality or availability of data and with no guarantee that they are complete, accurate, or timely nor any guarantee regarding any results you or others may obtain from its use. Access to all or parts of any of the Website may be suspended at any time without notice.
- General: These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and IIHS with respect to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous oral or written agreements.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, please email: info at iihs.co.in